Todays trip to Chehalis Lake & Fossil Beach was the first time out since I bolted on a LOT of extras to the vehicle over the winter, and despite all the extra weight (especially on the roof) it performed like a champ!
On our way to Chehalis Lake, we tackled a few little side routes & challenges before discovering that the bridge to the old provincial campground on the lake has been barricaded by the province with 8 cement blocks. So instead of hanging out at the campground, we found an alternative route to the shoreside and setup our awnings for lunch so we could stay out of the rain. After lunch, and with some extra time on our hands, we decided to take a run at Paul’s old nemesis… Fossil Beach.
This little jaunt made me a little nervous as there were some crazy 40º+ angles and I was quite top heavy now… but all was great and we ran through it faster than I thought. Even though the beach had all but disappeared with the rising lake levels, it was a great trip down and nice to see what my truck was capable of now!
• Terrafirma 16” bead lock wheels
• Goodyear 265/75R16 10-ply tires
• Terrafirma +2” shock & spring HD lift (air to coil conversion)
• Goodrich extended stainless steel brake lines
• Land Rover 180º thermostat
• Terrafirma rock sliders
• Terrafirma tie rods, ball joints, steering dampener
• Terrafirma panhard rod
• CVT Shasta roof top tent
• CVT 79” awning
• Road shower
• Farmtek poultry roof rack floor